Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Delights of Christmas Time

This is from A Woman's Favorite Cook Book [1890's-1900's] , which I have made food from before. Isn't this gorgeous?

Click to enbiggen

I mean, I never thought I'd want to dig into a whole pig, but suddenly it looks so festive and enticing! I also love the little boy's sailor suit, the long baby dress, the candles on the tree... although that little girl should probably watch where that baby's hands are reaching. This could end in tears.

Look at that selection of gorgeous, beautiful food though!

3 comments:

Nonna said...

Yummy !
I went to a wedding a few years ago and a whole pig with an apple in it's mouth was on the buffet table. It was delicious !

Jana said...

Now THAT is a wedding! Was one or both of the happy couple Polynesian, or just awesome?

Nonna said...

That was one of the best wedding receptions ever and the Bride was from the Philippines... yes the happy couple is still together, in love and very awesome !!!